Suddenly, my feet stopped, as if grabbed by an invisible hand rising up from the grave below. I fell to my knees in the wet grass. Looking at the marker just a few feet away, barely able to see for the water in my eyes, I made out the words, Thompson Gaines Hamrick, Sr. That was my father’s name, my name. I lifted my arms. Face streaming with rain and tears, I screamed, “I am…”. I was transfixed by blinding light. I heard the start of thunder then everything went black

SAMPLE CHAPTERS...

54 - Dealey Plaza

I entered the Texas Book Depository from the loading dock and went up the back stairs to the 6th floor. Oswald was hiding in a narrow space behind a stack of cardboard boxes, crouched on his knees, looking out an open window. The rifle rested on his lap. The motorcade had not yet entered Dealey Plaza

The space was bright.

I was wearing sneakers so he didn’t hear me. I said, “Are you sure you want to go through with this?”

He swung around.

“You!”

...


(to the end)

No comments:

Post a Comment